Monday, June 26, 2006

Welcome to England!

We can say that now since we’ve finally been properly introduced to English weather. While our family and friends are roasting in the hot, Kansas June, we’re here in long sleeve shirts because it’s not even 60 degrees and it’s rained all day. Like a lady at work said it’s the first day of Wimbledon. It’s almost guaranteed to be crummy weather. I’m glad it’s summer. Getting thrown into months of this kind of weather could really depress a guy.

Since I’m not above stealing gimmicks from other people, I’m going to start doing a For and Against section in my posts. I got the idea from Michael Davies, who is writing a rather entertaining blog about the World Cup for ESPN’s Page 2. So here’s what I’m for and against today:

For: British weather (at least for now)

Against: Not taking a jacket to work

For: Finding the same orange juice that I like back home

Against: No kosher salt

For: English sausages

Against: Puddings that aren’t pudding (black, Yorkshire, etc.)

For: Our apartment kitchen

Against: British plumbing

For: Being within walking distance of restaurants and pubs

Against: Paying for parking anytime we drive somewhere

There are sure to be more in the future, but that’s the list for now. Wife and I are off for dinner at a friend’s place tonight.

Cheers,
Frog

No comments: