Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Being lazy...

As my friends back home so kindly pointed out, my blog has sucked lately due to my laziness of not posting. Well, we’ll see if I can’t do a little bit better about that.

The sad thing is that there has been plenty to write about since my last post. My sister came to visit Wife and me in the middle of October. We had a good time seeing a lot of the south of England including Stonehenge, Bath (again), Lacock village (my sister wanted to see this since it is the village where they filmed the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice), and London (in the pouring rain).

It was also Wife and my six month anniversary. To mark the occasion we went to see Wicked in London. It was great that we finally got to see a show together since we’d tried twice before and always been thwarted. We almost failed this time as well since Wife was not feeling well at all. Her fear of missing something motivated her enough to power through and she ended up having a pretty good time.

A couple weeks later we had more visitors as our friends who had just gotten married in August came to visit for a long weekend. Wife got to take them to Stonehenge (she’s getting sick of those rocks) and around Winchester while I worked. The next day we all went to Warwick castle, which was very cool. Madam Toussad’s has bought the castle so there are some of those creepy wax figures around, but it doesn’t detract from what a cool castle it is. There was also a huge trebuchet. It looked like it was in working order, but sadly we didn’t get to see it fired.

Wife’s family is here at the moment to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. They’re out and about in the country for the first few days of this week with Wife while I’m stuck working. They’ll be back tonight, though, so the feasting can commence tomorrow. It’s going to be quite an ordeal and I’m looking forward to cooking. Look for documentation of the process in a future blog post.

That’s the quick update. I better quit before I start complaining about England again.

Cheers,
Frog

No comments: