Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together

Celebrity Big Brother has taken over British TV. It’s Big Brother on several channels several hours of the day now. Wife is watching the train wreck at the moment because Face from the A-Team is in the house as well as Jermaine Jackson. Following in Michael’s footsteps of looking freaky, it looks as if Jermaine has had a recent chemical peel. Face seems to be too cool for all of it and sits around smoking cigars. Yes, good people, this is the crap that’s on TV here. Where are ESPN and Food Network when I need them?

Other random rants and musings:

Figure this out. Before we were home for Christmas I needed to get the tax tag renewed on the car. Since we were leaving on the 16th I went in early in December to get it taken care of. Not so fast, young American. In England they don’t have the new discs at the post office until the 15th of the month, so I couldn’t renew my taxes yet. I didn’t find this out until I’d spent 20 minutes in line. So back I went on the 15th, as if I didn’t have enough other things to worry about with leaving the next day for two and a half weeks.

If I have to hear one more time about how this warmer winter is an indication of global warming with no comment on El Nino (proven to cause this type of weather) I will no longer have any faith in the scientific community in this country.

Would anyone else vote for Dennis Miller for president?

There hasn’t been much cooking lately, but wife did make some really good cod croquettes for dinner tonight. She’s becoming a better and better cook. I need to start practicing more or she’s going to get better than me, and my competitive side can’t let that happen.

Short post, but that’s what I’ve got at the moment. Maybe I’ll be better about posting more if I keep the posts shorter. Whatever.

Cheers,
Frog

No comments: