Monday, March 20, 2006

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

Konnichiwa from Tokyo, Japan. After a long flight and what seemed like an even longer bus ride, I'm turning Japanese. Okay, I'm not really turning Japanese, but I wanted to see how many song references I could squeeze in. The last time I said it's a wonderful time of the year. It still is, but it's not quite as wonderful since the Jayhawks lost. Oh well, there's spring football to pay attention to now.

Had some really good udon with shrimp tempura tonight. It was tasty but there's one thing I can't quite figure out. Part of what makes tempura so good is the light, crispy texture that it gets during frying. But putting it in a bowl of udon makes it go soggy and you lose the texture. It still tastes good, but you lose something in the combination.

If you're wondering why I'm in Tokyo, it's for meetings with the client I've worked with for the past almost three years. It's a kind of farewell tour before I take on my new job in the UK. I'm hoping to get a chance to go see some sights on Thursday depending on how the meetings go. If I get a chance I want to go to the fish market. From what I've seen on the Food Network it looks wild.

Needless to say the jet lag is setting in. Look for more posts in the next few days since there's not much to watch on the TV here.

Sayonara,
Frog

No comments: